People will stare. Make it worth their while → Temperley London | Pre-Spring ‘13
Kyume or Kyuutan-megumi's reblog blog. If you are looking for my art please go to Kyumesknack.tumblr.com thanks! Or click the my "Art Blog" link on this blog. This blog will only have personal updates (rarely) and a krap ton of reblogs~ Enjoy your stay~ And thanks for the follow is you did~
People will stare. Make it worth their while → Temperley London | Pre-Spring ‘13
6K FOLLOWER GIVEAWAY!
Hey guys! I recently hit 6k and wanted to celebrate everyone’s support!
WINNERS: There will be 1! Chosen by random using number generator
- Ships from US, to anywhere! So international folks are welcome to join :)
PRIZES: Any 5 phone charms (the ds is mine askldjf haha), that I’ve made C: You can see all the ones that I’ve done H E R E
- No use of giveaway blogs please!
- Only reblogs count towards an entry!
- You don’t need to follow, but the winner will get to pick a 6th charm if they are!
ENDS: Like last year, the giveaway will end August 4th! 2014 (my birthday!! hehe)
- Winners will be contacted on Aug 5th, and will have a 24hr window to respond. So keep those ask boxes open! C:
- Everything will ship out by Aug 9th~
That’s it I think! Let me know if there’s any questions— until then, I’ll be working mostly.. wish there was more time to hang out here
Ahh yes, The dreaded school. When it comes around we all dread, new teachers, new schedule, some new unfamiliar faces, the MASSIVE amount of homework load, less time on tumblr. Here is another long post with a few sites and others to help you out here!
- Advice on college
- Alternatives to buying expensive textbooks
- AP Cram Packets
- Cheat sheet for becoming an adult
- Dorm room survival
- Free online college classes
- How to survive college masterpost
- cheap & healthy snacks
- chocolate muffin in a mug tutorial
- Coffee recipes to help stay awake
- Every Starbucks drink and pasty FTW
- For the vegans
you bad ass motherfuckers
- macaroni cheese / mac&cheese in a cup
- quick and easy soup recipes
- study snacks
- Study snack
- thousands of quick and easy snack recipes
- Yummy cheesiness!
- 40 on-the-go breakfast recipesHelpful sites:
- Challenge your brain
- Feed the hungry while using your vocabulary
- Free online textbooks
- Grade calculator
- Rape Escape
- Whole page dedicated to studying/organizing
High school needs:
- For Juniors or Seniors With Low Income Families Looking For Scholarships
- How to survive freshman year
Mental health resources:
- a website that is always relevant.
- falling asleep tips
- How long to sleep
- how to talk to and help an anxiety-ridden friend
- how to wake up in the morning
- keep taking your mind off of it
- mental illness recovery tips
- need a motivational speech? i like this one for myself.
- not having a good day? :c
- picking up a hobby can relax you during the school year!!
- seriously just please try to relax ily
- take your mind off of it
- tips on self-love
- when to go to sleep/wake up
- working out is a total stress-buster.
- download free books
- express yourself with make-up
- Hobbies masterpost
- I fucking love to study to this.
- please remember this.
- Sick ass movie list
I have more but, this is a school one so message me for more.
- Sites to help you not get distracted with other sites. (Mac)(PC)
- Various ways to where a scarf
- What’s the fucking weather
- calm/nature sounds
- chill playlist
- coffee shop blues
- coffee shop sounds
- concentration playlist
- study playlist
- 4hours of classical music
- An already typed essay at your fingertips(type the subject and press random stuff and an essay forms. TO KIND OF HELP)
- bibliography maker
- educational links fucking galore
- my favorite tutoring website
- online ruler
- pull an all nighter but do well on your exam
- Social media citing
- study like a college kid
- Time Management
- Psychology Lectures by a Professor from Yale University
- compliments generator
- how long to nap
- go to a quiet place
- learn more about anxiety.
- panic and anxiety information masterpost
- Relaxation techniques
- Stress Analyst
- the thoughts room
- take a guided relaxation
- yoga poses
- Best place to get help for English
- essay structure guide
- essay writing help
- free microsoft word alternative
- Grammar and spell checker
- Graphic Essay Organizer
- Help on reading/researching
- Make a kick ass essay
- Masterpost of writing software
- microsoft word equivalent
- more essay writing help
- On books you you don’t want to read
- Tip of my tongue
- calculators (includes graphing, geometric, stats etc)
- College/high school Chemistry notes
- math problem solver (2)
- Periodic Table
- This is the math god
- Answers to the textbook
- Beneficial studying tips
- Crash course in any subject with John Green
- Free Educational resources for anyone and everyone
- help in a ton of subjects
- Helps you in any subject
- homework help
- how to google
- how to study, Study guide
- finals survival guide
- improve your studying skills
- Learning Websites Masterpage
- Looking for a word
- make flash cards
- One of the best learning websites
- Tips before/during an exam
- Tips on Exams
- Remember that today’s day in age is different from how it was back then. So don’t stress about school too much.High school students today have the anxiety of what a mental patient in the insane asylum had in the 50s. Here’s also a thing to show how times have changed.
- Prioritize. List what needs to get done first and when. Sometimes getting the bigger/harder tasks is easier than conquering the smaller/easier tasks.
- Set times when certain projects need to be done and stick to that deadline.
- Turn your phone off or give it to your parents while doing work/studying. I know that we live in the age of technology and literally everything is at the touch of our fingertips. Honestly though you can wait on what your favorite celebrity has to say or if your crush liked your instagram photo. You’ll be more involved in that than you are into your work.
- If you have trouble in a certain subject and there is no assigned seating, take advantage of the front. I guarantee you’ll learn more.
- Ask your teacher what exactly you’ll need to know. If you’re taking notes during the year, write in the margins whether or not it will be tested. It will be easier to know what you will be tested on.
- Save your exams. Half the time your teachers use the same questions (or questions similar) from your exams on your midterms or finals.
- Don’t try to do homework straight afterschool if you can’t, despite what everyone says. Give yourself an hour, and try to get some exercise in. I find it stops me getting bored of sitting down. Not to mention helps me concentrate better.
- Don’t just read the material, write it, draw it, recite it, quiz yourself on it! Until you have the material down.
- Join clubs, sports, or organizations! You’re guaranteed to find friends in there. You’ll already have common interests. Start with that and go with the flow.
- College kids: If you don’t have assigned seating, and you have been sitting in the same seat for 2 weeks. That is you assigned seat now. Don’t move or you’ll screw everyone up and they will hate you.
- Color code things, such as your notes.
If you want to see how I color code my notes message me and I’ll be happy to show you.
- Be kind to one another.
I think that about does it. So yeah:)
ON BEHALF OF MY FRIEND I’M GETTING REALLY ANGRY THAT MISINFORMATION IS BEING SPREAD ABOUT PRINTING AND IT’S RUINING HER PRINTS AND FILES AND DKSJFKLSDJFKS
OK HERE’S THE RUNDOWN
1. SAVE YOUR FILES AS PNG OR PDF.
Do NOT use JPEG FOR THE LIFE OF YOU DON’T DO IT because every time you transfer or resave the files (eg. try uploading it on your printing website) you LOSE DATA. It is a LOSSY FILE FORMAT and every time you resave it pixelates and distorts and blurs your image so please for the love of god don’t use jpeg. I want to list alternate uses but….i really dislike jpeg in general so just don’t use it, it’s awful and it will ruin your images.
PNG and PDF are more reliable because they are not lossy files. They will retain every pixel you drew in that drawing.
Unfortunately, png sometimes doesn’t look good on tumblr and other art websites because the website will resize the image while the image is trying to retain all of the information (which causes it to look too “”“sharp”“” in a way that you can see individual and sometimes “random” pixels in the image. This is a common complaint but for printing it doesn’t matter because you want the best quality picture you can get on the paper. How it looks on paper will be very different from what it looks on the screen. If you’re really worried about that pixel look then I guess you can use jpeg for online but don’t ever use jpeg for printing).
Personally I like using PDF. Even though the file size is bigger, I feel like it’s more universal and printing companies can handle it easily versus image files like PNG. Just my opinion.
2. CONVERT YOUR FILES TO CYMK (if it’s in RBG)
I’ve tried working in CYMK and it’s a pain in the ass, because the colors are completely off from what you want to see on your screen. What I recommend is to work in RBG (Red Blue Green, for the LED lights in your computer screen. Basically it’s calibrated to look good on tv and computer screens, and things that are made of lights behind a glass in general). This will produce the best color combination that you are able to work with without any limitations.
Once you have finished your image in RBG, save a version, and then save a separate version as CYMK (Cyan Yellow Magenta BlacK, ink, calibrated to be read by printers). Make sure to flatten your image before converting so that the colorscheme doesn’t go wack when it changes file type.
It should look mostly like the picture you started with, though you might notice that some saturated blues and violets are looking greyish. That’s normal! Purple and dark blue don’t print well because it takes a sufficient amount of cyan, yellow AND magenta to produce those colors, and it tends to spread out to a greyish color because of the combination. I wouldn’t say avoid those colors altogether, but please be aware that this will happen if you use a sufficient amount of saturated blues and purples. With that being said, if you want a bright blue, instead of using ultramarine blue or some indigo color, try cyan or aquamarine. ;)
3. GENERAL TIP ON FORMATTING BEFORE I FORGET
Make sure to include BLEED. Bleed is a border of extended color from your image so that, in the case that the printer mis-trims the print, there won’t be this awkward white edge. Similarly, if it’s mis-trimmed to be too close to the edge, it won’t cut off part of your main image.
I took this straight from CatPrint which I use and I damn love, I def recommend for printing.
Basically, you need to give your printer an 1/8 inch leeway edge for them to cut without killing your image or leaving the awkward white. Sometimes I leave a 1/4 inch bleed for bigger images - you can’t go wrong with more bleed!
Anyway, this is my advice for printing, from my experiences! I made a lot of mistakes before and this is what I learned after a lot of trial, error and research. I would hate for people to make mistakes on the same stuff I did, so here is my contribution!
- PDF OR PNG
- CONVERT TO CYMK
- REMEMBER TO INCLUDE BLEED
happy bday kyume!
WAHHHH! THANK YOU SO MUCH~!! <3333
Trainer Kylen would like to Battle!
DID YOU THINK I’D FORGET YOUR BRITHDAY, KYUME?! HA!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GURL!
Also I AM working on the next Nuzlocke page., I promise. I’m really sorry it’s taken a long time to get out. Real life stuff and all that jazz.
BUT EITHER WAY! It’s Kyume’s birthday today, who has been a very supportive friend of mine. I know I can always go to her when I have an issue with art (cause she helps me a lot with colors and such) or even real life problems. She doesn’t realize how much she’s inspired me to do better in life, not just art. So thank you for that, Kyume.
AND HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY GURLLLL!
OH MY GOSH WOMAN!!! THIS LOOKS SO AMAZINGGG~!! <333333 I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!! ALKSJFKLASFJSADFSDLKJ LOOK AT THE LIGHTING AND THE FIRE AND EVERYTHING!!!! ASDJFASLKDJSKADLFJDS
YOU ARE TOO KIND TO ME! //HUG// ;A; wahhh!! I am so glad I can help you! you are going to make me cry woman!! YOU ARE SO WELCOME!! You have helped me a lot too and I am very thankful for great friends like you! Thank you for helping me also Flaze! I really appreciate everything you have done for me!!!
PFFT WHAT SLOPPYNESS?! I DUN SEE ANY!
TRACK: Bad Romance (Lady Gaga Cover) ARTIST: Frank Ocean ALBUM:
↳ Actual 5 year old Mikoshiba Momotarou